Dash restoration part 4!

Today the day had finally come, it was time to paint the dash.
I’ve spent a lot of time lately searching old threads over at the Cuda-Challenger forum (those guys know what they’re talking about) in order to find out which paint is the closest to the original interior color. I’ve gotten several answers and most of them pointed me to the SEM Color Coat line, and the tone Landau Black.

Before applying anything to the dash, I had to make sure that it was absolutely clean from dirt, grease and old silicone (which basically all “gas station touchup-products” contains) residue.
After washing with soap, scuffing and cleaning it with silicone remover three times, it looked like it was ready for the primer.

(null)

Then, two coats of the SEM Flexible Primer was applied.

(null)

After that, four coats of paint was applied in total.

(null)

(null)

(null)

And this is the result after the fourth coat was applied, I think it looks pretty good!

(null)

I’ll take out the dash in daylight tomorrow to see if it’ll need even more paint or if the four applied coats are suffice.
The repaired parts looked pretty alright to me. They’re visible, but I don’t think anyone really will take notice unless they’re aware of them.

1 thought on “Dash restoration part 4!”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *