The engine’s in place and all that’s left now is to sort out the kickdown linkage before we can seriously drive it. It sure sounds HEALTHY, so I’m pretty sure it’ll be hard to wipe off the smile from my face once we can take it for a spin!
As the Mopar Performance air cleaner was a bit too tall, I needed it to be about 2″ lower in order to be able to use the hood. First, I ordered an 2″ filter from Norrlands Custom (great shop, almost local to me and my #1 go-to shop) but I still needed to lower it another inch. Then I ordered the “Low-Pro” air-cleaner from Mancini Racing and explained to them that I needed this ASAP so they handled and shipped my package super-quick. 3 days later in Malmö Sweden, Postnord took over my package and it was lost….😡 To make a long story short, they eventually found it, and it was delivered to me 8 (!!!!) days after it arrived to Malmö.
Anyway, after I received it i still wasn’t sure whether it would be low enough for the hood to fit.
So yesterday we got the hood in place and it was low enough! Yeah, no need to order an R/T hood (at least not now)!
So, now it’s just the kickdown linkage left to sort out, hopefully we can do that next week!
The past weeks we’ve been putting bits and pieces back in order to be able to start the 360. Today was the day and after some time it started! Today’s heroes are daddy-o and long time friend (and V8 know-it-all-whiz) Tobias. Here’s a 33 minute video showing why:
Next up is to adjust everything so we can get it to run (sort of) good. I´ll order a MSD ignition kit sometime soon and I’m pretty sure that will make it run perfect!
On Friday night we made everything ready for… THE GREAT ENGINE DROP-IN that was to take place on Saturday.
So, on Saturday morning we got there early to get an early start in case we’d run in to trouble.
Everything even went so smooth, we suspected that we’d run in to trouble but the whole thing went according to plan, in other words: painless!
So, now it’s just the rest of the stuff left. Like anticipated, the dual-plan intake made the whole package about an inch and a half too tall for the hood. Until I get a “Low-Pro” air cleaner base from Mancini Racing (along with a thinner filter) to use with my Mopar Performance air cleaner, I’ll use a Edelbrock “Pro-Flo” air cleaner. Yep, it’s kinda strange-looking but it’ll work meanwhile.
Initially, I thought I’d paint the engine in the “whatever blue” that all smallblocks had in 1972 in order to keep the originality. I’m happy I decided to keep it orange though because it looks great in the blue engine bay ☺️
Hopefully we can fire it up at some point the coming week!
Alot’s been going on lately but the engine’s finally assembled and tomorrow we’ll drop it in!
I’ll update as soon as it’s in and the final assembly can begin!