Okay, I had a talk with the guy who sold me the engine about the cam in it. Turned out it was mistake from his side and he transferred a reasonable amount of $$$ to me. Case closed.
In about a month I’ll get a chance to visit the Summit Racing store (yay!) in Georgia so I thought that’ll be a great oppurtunity to get a new cam (along with a long list of other stuff).
Still, I have no idea what to get. Since it’s a 89-91 360, I can go for a hydraulic roller cam and according to what I’ve read, that’s the way to go even though way more expensive than regular ones.
If anyone reading here has any recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated!
My setup is as follows:
- Untouched 89-91 360 (cast no. 53006921360) w. 308 heads, About 10.5:1 compression.
- Bad P 290 flat pistons.
- Weiand dual-plane intake.
- Edelbrock 750 carb.
- Patriot headers.
- Magnaflow dual exhaust.
- Stock 904 gearbox with stock converter.
Many people already pointed me towards Lunati’s Voodoo cams, so I’ve already contacted them to hear what they’ve got to offer based on my setup.
Had another look at the cam tonight and I noticed something that I didn’t see the other day. Above “L5” it’s stamped “1992” or “1332”.
So far no luck getting any info on this cam. One thing’s for sure and that’s that this cam is far from new.
I guess the only way to find out the specs is to measure it 🙁
Ok, so today we started to take the engine apart and everything looked fine, no disappointments really which is a relief.The only thing buggin’ me is that I have no idea what cam’s in the engine.
On one side it says “070 693” and on the other one “L5”. Nothing more.
According to the seller this was to be a spankin’ new Compcams Street Cam but be honest I have my doubts.
Does anyone have an idea what this might be?
Thanks to my tech wiz brother Patrik the technical issues are sorted and all pictures are perfectly visible.
Remember to visit his blog Patrik’s Projects!
Summer went fast, it’s been raining shitloads so I haven’t used the Challenger as much as I was hoping for. Of course I’ve took it out for cruise nights and stuff but if the weather had been better, it would’ve been used more.
Anyway… Fall’s here again and it’s time to start up the winter projects.
I managed to get a lead on a recently rebuilt, beefed up ’91 360 producing something inbetween 300-350 HP. The price was negotiated and we had a deal.
This weekend me and dad drove across Sweden, roughly 620 miles back and forth (with a trailer!!) to pick up the 360.
Once back home, my colleague Per was nice enough to show up in his 1959 BM tractor to help out with moving the pallet with the engine from the trailer to the garage.
The plan now is to pull out the 318, freshen up the engine bay and rebuild the 904 gearbox. After that we’ll repaint the engine in “Chrysler blue” before dropping it into the car!
Apparently there are some technical issues with the site as the pictures won’t show…
We’ll look in to this over the weekend and hopefully everything will be back to normal next week.
Fall’s here now and as soon as the site’s back on track, I’ll present what’s gonna happen the coming winter!