Extended tailpipes!

Since the tailpipes on the Magnaflow system we installed weren’t visible at all, I decided to extended them.

This is what it looked like before they were extended.


We took two 90 degree mandrel bent 2,5″ tubes which we cut up in half, flipped them and welded together.
By that we had two 45 degree tubes that would fit perfectly.


This is the end result, much better than before!


It’s alive!

The last weeks have been busy, especially for daddy-o who’s been doing a great job altering and fitting the headers and the new twin-exhaust!
I’ve been helping out with whatever I’ve been able to help out with but by now I guess you all understand that without him, the car would be pretty much in the same state as I bought it in 🙂



So after seven long months of hibernation, the time had finally come. All nuts and bolts were fastened, there was gas in the tank and the fire extinguisher was there (just in case)..

MAJOR progress (no thanks to me)!

While me and my wife went to NY for a week, daddy-o made some amazing(!!) stuff with the car.
First, he has managed to paint the remaining parts of the undercarriage and it looks great!



Second, he has installed the headers from Patriot.




Third, he has re-installed the tank, filler neck and everything else around there.


Fourth, the new Monroe hijackers are in place!


As all of the above wasn’t enough, he’s also mocked up the Magnaflow twin exhaust!
Setting up the exhaust is pretty much the last thing that needs to be done before we’ll be able to put her back on the road. Can’t wait!!