I decided that I want to keep the intake in a natural aluminum finish. As my previous attempt with stripping the intake paint with CRC Gasket Remover didn’t fully strip it, today I dropped it off at Dipkingen to have it glass media blasted.
This is the “before” picture..
I’ll post the “after” pic in a couple of days when I get it back
This weekend we got a little bit of everything done.
First, I started to strip the old paint of the Weiand intake in order to get it ready for new paint. Didn’t really know what to use but after some intense Googling, I found out that CRC Gasket Stripper works pretty darn good on paint as well.
Immediately after spraying it on the old paint started bubbling and after about twenty minutes, I hosed it off with the pressure washer and a lot of the paint was gone….not completely, but enough.
During the coming week, I’ll sand the worst parts down before giving it a nice matte black finish.
After that we mounted the new cam and got some bits and pieces back on the engine.
As the 308 heads has been milled about 0,078″ (or 2 mm’s) in order to raise compression, we’ll need to measure for new pushrods as well. Hopefully, we’ll get the heads and lifters in place this week so we determine the correct valvetrain geometry and order those pushrods!
Once the correct length pushrods has been ordered, i´ll go ahead and paint the block in orange!
Oh yeah, and I just got info that the container with my new wheels will arrive this coming week, so I´ll need to pick them up and get some tyres on ´em!
Have a nice week!