Finally some quality time in the garage!

With a couple of days off, I finally got some time to go to the garage.

I started with changing the old dried up passenger door weatherstrip.



Of course, I didn’t take a picture when the new one was fitted 🙁

When I started changing the weatherstrip on the driver’s door, I noticed that the VIN sticker had been painted over when it was repainted back in -02.
I used a sponge with some solvent and suddenly it was perfectly visible again!


The trunk is in a sort of sad state. Therefore, I’ve decided to repaint it. Thing is, there’s a thick layer of some paste over the weldings that connects the trunk floor pans that needs to be removed before we can go ahead and grind down the old weldings.
It’s pretty much like dried, hardened chewing gum. And it’s a lot!